Filmography: Keith Lock (Lock Kei Kong)
1997 The Road Chosen: The Story of Lem Wong
(Betacam & Film, 23 min)
- Episode of Television Documentary Series, A Scattering of Seeds: The Creation of Canada, White Pine Pictures.
- Broadcasters: History TV, RAI, Vision TV, 1998.
1997 Tough Bananas
(16mm, 23 min)
- Independently produced film about the friendship between a fat boy and a skinny boy who are recent immigrants from Asia.
- 20th Asian American International Film Festival, New York, 1997
- Reel Asian International Film Festival, Toronto, 1997
1992-93 Small Pleasures
(35mm, 85 min)
- Feature film about two women from China who fall in love with different men while living in Toronto during the Tiananmen incident.
- Produced with the assistance of the Canada Council, Ontario Arts Council, Toronto Arts Council, Multiculturalism and Citizenship Canada, NFB PAFPS.
- Premier, Toronto Festival of Festivals, Perspectives Canada, 1993
- International Images Film Festival, Peterborough, Ontario,1993
- Asian American Film Festival, San Francisco, 1994
- Boston Museum of Fine Arts, Boston Massachusetts, 1994
- Canadian cities limited run theatrical release, include Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Kingston, Ottawa, Montreal
- Asian American Film Festival, New York NY., Madison Wisconsin., Phoenix Ariz, San Francisco, Ca. 1994
- Asian American Film Festival, Washington D.C., 1994
- Broadcast, The Movie Network, pay TV, 1994.
- Broadcast, Super Channel, pay TV, 1995
- Broadcast, CBC series Cinema Canada, for broadcast in 1995
- Broadcast, Vision TV, 1998
1986 A Brighter Moon
(16mm col., 25 min)
- A fiction film about foreign students from Hong Kong living in Toronto.
- Produced with the assistance of the Ontario Arts Council
The Boston Museum of Fine Art, Boston, Massachusetts,1994
- Included in Fresh Looks, compiled by Richard Fung and Cameron Bailey, distributed by V-Tapes. 1993
- The National Film Theatre, London, England, 1989
- The Asian Art Museum, San Francisco, California, 1989.
- Festival Du Cinema Canadien Chinois Contemporain, Montreal, Canada, 1988 - The Asia Society, New York City, N.Y. 1988
- Asian Studies Department, Stanford University, Stanford, California, 1988
- Banff Television Festival, Banff, Alberta, 1987
- Local Heroes Film Festival, Edmonton, Alberta, 1987.
- Asian Eyes Film Festival, Toronto, Canada, 1987.
- Hawaii International Film Festival, Honolulu, 1987
- 1987 Asian American International Film Festival and Tour, New York City, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, Seattle, Houston, U.S.A.
- Taipei Film Festival, Taiwan 1987
- Mainland and Overseas Chinese Filmmaker's Film Festival, Film Culture Centre, Hong Kong, 1986.
- Broadcast on CBC "Canadian Reflections", TVO, Access Alberta
Gemini Award Nomination for "Best Short Drama", Canadian Academy of Cinema and Television, 1987
- Nominated for "Best Short Drama" Yorkton Film Festival, Yorkton Sask., Canada, 1986
(16mm Col., 30min.)
- Produced for CBC as part of the documentary series "Neighbourhoods" in conjunction with City of Toronto's 150th anniversary celebrations.
- Film is in City of Toronto Archives time capsule to be opened in 2034 A.D.
- Series Produced by Paul de Silva
1982-83 The Highway
(16mm B/W., 30 min)
- A drama, produced with the assistance of the Canada Council
- Golden Sheaf Nomination, "Best Short Drama" Yorkton Film Festival,Yorkton, Sask, 1983
- "Local Heroes Film Festival", Edmonton, Alberta
- Broadcast CBC "Canadian Reflections" 1984
- Purchased for broadcast by Denmarks Television, Denmark
1981 Jeannie Goes Shopping
(16mm Col. 23 Min.)
- Masters of Fine Arts degree thesis film, degree awarded by York University
Top of Page