EPISODE 13: A Land
As Green As The Sea
- What were the Highland Clearances
that brought the filmmaker's ancestors to Canada?
- Why were some of the early
Scottish settlers conscripted into the British army on their arrival
in the new world? What did they receive from the British at the end
of the Seven Years War?
- Who were the United Empire
- Why did Gertrude Hogg and
her husband head west? What did they start in Edmonton?
- What did the filmmaker's
grandmother take with her to Edmonton?
- Why did the filmmaker's
grandfather go broke? What job did he take on?
- Why was Arthur Balmer-Watt
awarded the Pulitzer Prize?
- When visiting Scotland,
why did the filmmaker say that history was everywhere?
- Describe Celtic music. What
is the connection between Celtic music and Country music?
- Explain what the filmmaker
means when he says, "I realize the story had come full circle."
Top of Page